Sweet potato puree for baby. Sweet Potato Puree is a great first food for babies. However, this delicious puree shouldn't be limited to babies. Store some in your freezer to add extra nutrition, flavour and texture to oatmeal Roasting – Roasting sweet potatoes produces a delicious caramelised flavour, making the puree extra delicious.
So, you can see that this makes a very, very nice, smooth consistency for a baby. Wholesome sweet potatoes are a classic baby favorite. They're sweeter in flavor than normal potatoes, yet still mild, and they take on a fluffy texture when Look for sweet potatoes (or yams) that are firm and free of cracks or soft spots. You can have Sweet potato puree for baby using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato puree for baby
- You need 2 small of sweet potato.
- You need 1 cup of water.
One medium sweet potato yields about five ounces of puree. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A. A very nutritious one-ingredient vegetable puree recipe for your baby. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A.
Sweet potato puree for baby instructions
- Wash, peel, and chop sweet potatoes..
- Heat water to boiling in a small pan. Place chopped sweet potatoes in a steamer basket above the boiling water..
- Cover and steam for approximately 20 minutes, or until soft..
- Reserve the cooking water. Allow to cool, then place sweet potatoes in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding small amounts of cooking water until desired consistency is achieved..
- When pureeing, baby formula or expressed breastmilk can be added or substituted for the cooking water, depending on your baby's preferences..
Reasons to Love Sweet Potatoes for Baby: Sweet potatoes are a nutrient dense root vegetable. They always blend into a super creamy and smooth puree. This Sweet Potato, Carrot, Cauliflower Baby Food Puree with Chia Seeds is as nutrient dense and veggie filled of a baby food puree as you can. Sweet Potato Puree is an excellent first weaning food for babies. Do not puree ordinary potato flesh in a blender as it will break down the natural starches and produce a stick texture.