Grilled Cornish Hen Wrap #Turf #Summer. Cornish game hens are first butterflied (spatchcocked), then grilled flattened, with the weight of a brick. Wrap bricks in foil and lay them on the hens and you will get even better contact with the heat, the birds will cook more evenly — and you'll be eating them faster. Reviews for: Photos of Grilled Cornish Game Hens.
The moist meat has a pleasant grilled flavor that's accented with cloves and ginger.—David Baruch. Add the hens, and turn to coat. Remove the Cornish hens and lemons to a plate or cutting board. You can have Grilled Cornish Hen Wrap #Turf #Summer using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Cornish Hen Wrap #Turf #Summer
- It’s of Cornish Hen.
- It’s of Grilled Onions.
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice.
- It’s of Cheese (Sliced).
- You need of Wraps (Your Discretion).
- Prepare of Condiments.
This Cornish hen recipe uses an oyster dressing! Glazed Cornish hens are stuffed with a mixture of oysters and bread crumbs for a savory meal. There are also a few ways you can cook cornish game hens. This recipe in particular bakes the dish, however, you can also braise, grill, slow-cook, or saute.
Grilled Cornish Hen Wrap #Turf #Summer instructions
- Take the meat off of the hen. You probably won’t be using it all for a couple of wraps but you can always make more wraps. (You may want to save the carcass for stock)..
- Prepare your wrap by putting the condiments of your choice. Put down your cheese, followed by the rice, meat and vegetables. Wrap it up..
- Pre-heat a pan over medium-low heat, place seam side down. No oil or butter needed. If you’re fortunate enough to have a panini press, you might be able to use that. If not, place a clean cast iron pan on top of your wraps. The ingredients are cooked. You just want to slowly heat it through and get some crunch on the wraps. Flip when ready and repeat cooking process for opposite side..
- Serve. Because you’re using leftover grilled meat, I didn’t recommend seasoning. Unless… it’s bland. Then, I recommend helping it along..
Cornish Game Hens are great on the grill. These hens were marinated in white wine, shallots, fresh thyme and fresh oregano. I love Cornish Game Hens and realized we had not had them in quite some time. I cooked a couple of Cornish Hens last night. I had some wraps that were on their way out and decided to utilize them like this.