Beetroot, baby spinach and lentil salad. Arrange beetroot, lentils and spinach on a serving platter. To make balsamic dressing, whisk together oil and vinegar. Drizzle with oil and toss to combine.
A lovely healthy salad that will keep you going until dinner. I found this on the back of a packet of French style lentils. Toss the dressed lentils together with the onion, beets, parsley & coriander. You can cook Beetroot, baby spinach and lentil salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot, baby spinach and lentil salad
- Prepare of cooked brown letils.
- It’s of baby spinach leaves.
- You need of cucumber-thinly sliced.
- You need of whole beetroot-washed and stems removed.
- It’s of For dressing.
- You need of Plain fat-free yogurt.
- Prepare of mint-chopped.
- You need of dill-chopped.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black peper.
Beetroot is low in Calories but rich in nutrients, particularly folate. Combine baby beetroot and spinach in a salad bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well and serve scattered with pine nuts and the shaved parmesan cheese.
Beetroot, baby spinach and lentil salad instructions
- Wrap beetroot in tin foil. Bake for 40minutes at 200°C oven or until a knife can be inserted easily..
- Allow to cook slightly, then unwrap, peel and slice..
- Mix all dressing ingredients well..
- Add beetroot,lentils,spinach and cucumber to a bowl and spoon over dressing..
If you are a salad fan, then we highly recommend to try this one. Whisk in the oil until emulsified. Stir together the lentils, beets, and spinach in a bowl. Place baby beets, chickpeas, onion and spinach leaves in a large bowl. In a small screw-top jar, add olive Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.