Healthy whole wheat pancakes. They're a healthier option to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. Most of the times that I've opted for whole wheat breads over white, I would do it for health reasons but secretly preferred the taste of white. I perfected these whole wheat pancakes after testing batches and batches until they were just right.
After rounds of testing, I made the perfect, healthy whole wheat pancakes. Healthy whole wheat pancakes are difficult to master because pancakes are meant to be light, soft, and fluffy. All things that whole wheat flour isn't. You can have Healthy whole wheat pancakes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy whole wheat pancakes
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
However, finding the right balance of ingredients to make your pancakes whole-grain AND fluffy isn't impossible. These whole wheat pancakes are delicious and fluffy, with a hint of cinnamon. They're naturally sweetened with maple syrup instead of sugar. Whole wheat flour is more apt to go rancid than all-purpose because it contains the good-for-you, naturally-occurring oil present in whole grains.
Healthy whole wheat pancakes instructions
- Mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with the milk, and set aside to sour for 5-10 minutes..
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon..
- Beat one egg into the soured milk, and mix in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract..
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix until all the lumps are gone..
- Heat a lightly greased skillet to medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet..
- Cook until bubbles start to form at the top, then flip over to cook the other side..
- Serve with sliced honey, sliced bananas, and top with granola..
Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe (No Eggs + No Dairy) Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes are easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand! How do I make this recipe into a pancake mix? How do I make this recipe into a pancake mix? Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.