Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato. Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato. Decided to fly of the cuff and try something Moroccan with my lamb chops that would pair with leftovers from the other evening. A visual tutorial on how to prepare my signature dish.
Rub the lamb chops with Ras El Hanout. Remove the lamb chops and from the bag. Reserve the prunes and cooking liquid. You can have Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Ras el hanout.
- It’s 3 of lamb chops bone in or out.
Pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels. A good Ras El Hanout is highly aromatic with intense flavors. The label of the Zamouri Spices bottle lists their ingredients: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon To cook, heat the olive oil in a Tagine or dutch oven and brown the spiced meat over a medium heat for a few minutes. Season liberally with salt, olive oil and ras el hanout.
Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato instructions
- I basically marinated these boneless lamb chops with a tsp of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of olive oil and a around about generous measuring (2 to 3 tsp) of Ras el hanout for about a hour. Because I was lazy…Believe me, this can be modified and given more respect and time but I was simply too tired to really give it "The Business" like I normally execute. This here is the latch key kid approach..
- Whilst the lamb was marinating, I decided to cut and render Shallots in housemade garlic oil at a low heat with a splash of white balsamic vinegar..
- After a hour of the lamb marinating, I put them on a nice hot preheated grill. I grilled them about three minutes on each side (I ♡ it, grilled to perfection) and sprinkled more Ras el hanout on them, just because…It's Ras el hanout, people!?!.
- After these were grilled to my liking, I paired it with my leftovers of coconut rhee chun rice and a coulis I prepared with shallot, roasted red pepper and lemongrass, then crowned it with some Garda Stagionato cheese and called it a day….
- It was a success….
Place the sliced onions on the base of the tajine and layer the lamb and remainder of the vegetables over Add the dried fruit, olives and preserved lemon over the top of the lamb and close the lid to the tajine. Ras el hanout is a spice blend most commonly found in Moroccan cuisine. Move the potatoes to the middle rack and place the meat on the lower rack in the oven. Ras el hanout is a fantastic North African spice blend, complex, warm and fragrant, with subtle heat. Ras el hanout is somewhat curry-like with a spicy kick, a floral fragrance and subtle nuances within an overall robust flavor.