Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake. The BEST classic Birthday Cake Recipe. A soft and fluffy vanilla yellow cake loaded with colorful sprinkles and frosted with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Why should you make this chocolate cake?
Place first layer of the cake in a plate. Brush top of cake with sugar syrup then spread whipping cream on top cake. If there's one thing I love about this blog, it's getting to play around with new recipes and Sugar used in chocolate cake recipe is powdered sugar/granulated sugar/caster sugar? You can have Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- Prepare 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- You need of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- Prepare 2 of 8×10 pans (can modify).
- You need 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Sprinkles (optional).
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Refrigerate the layers after cooling for best results. Sugar Free Chocolate Cake With Applesauce Recipes.
Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake step by step
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8×10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part… 🤷🏼♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.
I used caster sugar and icing sugar, both cake & buttercream turned out Delicious perfect chocolate cake! We made this for my daughter's birthday (sour cream version, no. Rich chocolate layer cake filled with vanilla pudding then frosted with vanilla whipped cream. This low carb birthday cake features layers of moist chocolate cake filled with rich vanilla pastry cream. Both recipes are gluten-free and sugar free.