Chocolate Birthday Cake. Why This Chocolate Birthday Cake is the best!!! I was raised to think that food was the way to a man's heart, and I think this cake might be the ticket. It is my auntie Rose's chocolate cake recipe, and it is.
It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting. Chocolate birthday cake for a tenth birthday or anniversary celebration. Chocolate cake with Happy Birthday candles. You can cook Chocolate Birthday Cake using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Birthday Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s of icing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of cocoa.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cream, milk, or water.
Closeup of tasty chocolate birthday cake, vertical Chocolate Birthday Cake. Chocolate birthday cake with pink frosting and candles Decadent Chocolate Birthday Cake. This moist, flavorful cake was the traditional birthday cake at our house when I was growing up. I made this for my husbands birthday because he requested German Chocolate Cake and it was.
Chocolate Birthday Cake step by step
- A not too dark chocolate cake that everone loves..
- Grease and flour 8 in round pan. I line bottom with parchment. Heat oven to 350°F..
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg, then vanilla. Mix in baking powder, soda and salt, and sifted cocoa. Stir in flour alternately with buttermilk..
- Spread in pan and bake about 35 min, til top springs back when pressed in centre. Turn out onto rack to cool..
- For icing, mix all ingredients til smooth, scrape down bowl and beat several minutes til light and fluffy. add more liquid or icing sugar if necessary. Spread on cooled cake..
- For cupcakes, fill 12 cups three quarters full, and bake about 25 min. Easy to double the recipe to make a 2-layer cake for 12 people..
This chocolate birthday cake is simple to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for decorating for a special celebration. This white chocolate birthday cake is a real show-stopper. The sponge itself is flavoured with white chocolate so that you get a delicious hit of it in every mouthful. We've also added a ganache icing. Make birthday more special by writing name on chocolate birthday cakes.