Shepherds Pie P-lo Style. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef.with the kind of … Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Quebec-Style Shepherd's Pie adds a special twist on the comfort food classic. You can have Shepherds Pie P-lo Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
- You need 2-15 ounce of cans of sweet whole kernel corn.
- You need 2-15 ounce of cans of veggie grove French style green beans.
- You need 1 can (15 ounce) of sweet peas.
- You need 6-8 of potatoes.
- You need 1 lb of shredded cheese (I use Mexican style).
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Milk(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s of Butter(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s of Heavy Whipping cream or half and half cream(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s 1 of and a half pound of ground hamburger meat.
Layers of mashed potatoes, corn, and ground beef make up this French-Canadian recipe. A layer of creamed corn really sets this recipe apart from others like it. Michael Winner was partial to shepherd's pie and Margaret Thatcher would cook it for civil servants as they plotted to destroy the country. Whether you should eat shepherd's pie in a pub or restaurant, however, is another matter.
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style step by step
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling I add my meat over med high heat with onion and cilantro and seasons (salt pepper garlic) and cook about 15 minutes until all meat is browned and cooked thru then drain grease out of and set meat aside.
- Now potatoes should be about done once tender with fork drain water and add milk, butter, cream, salt pepper and garlic and mash (I have a mashed potato recipe on my page)…do as you would make mashed potatoes.
- Now grab a baking dish and add potatoes for the first layer.
- Then add drained meat on top for next layer.
- Now add cans of vegetables but drain liquid before you add each can then top with salt pepper and garlic.
- Final layer shredded cheese I top with salt and garlic and little more cilantro. And place in oven at 375.
- In about 20-30 minutes later all cheese will be melted and corners starting to brown remove dish and let sit few minutes to cool.
It seems an odd choice, frankly. Shepherd's pie is a comforting, hearty, Classic English dish. Traditionally Shepherd's pie, is made with ground lamb, when beef is Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb. I imagine it was created by a frugal farmer's wife as a good way to stretch that pound of. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.