Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie. These whole grain cornbread muffins are savory muffins made with whole wheat flour and stone ground cornmeal. Add sugar if you like sweet muffins. These cornbread muffins get their great texture from the whole wheat flour and stone-ground cornmeal.
This recipe will knock your socks off! This chicken tamale pie is another one of those recipes that has given me pure joy. I make it often during the weekdays, serving it with fresh guacamole and hot sauce. You can have Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie
- You need 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground turkey (or any other ground meat).
- You need 1/2 packet of cornbread mix.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 2 of eggs (or equivalent egg substitute).
- Prepare of cheese of your choice.
- It’s of Barbecue sauce (optional).
- It’s of vegetables of choice, I used long green beans.
More Quick Breads Using Whole Wheat Flour. I substitute whole wheat flour for white all purpose flour whenever I can. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup, milk, olive oil and egg whites. Made with whole-grain cornmeal and white whole-wheat flour, this healthy cornbread recipe is quick enough for a weeknight and perfect to serve with chili or instead of dinner rolls.
Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie instructions
- Start by browning and draining the grease out of your ground meat..
- Once meat is cooked, Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water together, add to the mix. Continue to cook on low heat while preparing the rest..
- Mix together a half packet of cornbread mix with the whole wheat flour and eggs. Continue to add water and mix until cornbread mixture becomes the proper texture..
- Once all parts of the pie are prepared, lay the meat/mushroom mixture down in the cassarole dish first. Lay down your vegetables on top and than pour and evenly spread the cornbread mixture over top..
- Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 20-30mins or until your cornbread has become golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into it..
- As this recipe tends to dry out slightly when left as leftovers, I recommend adding a dollop of barbecue sauce to the top on any portions that have been reheated..
We like to make a few extra batches of the dry mix and store it in the freezer. To make a batch of cornbread, just measure. Whole Wheat Honey-Jalapeño Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie: This healthy recipe will knock your socks off! Serve with guacamole and hot sauce on top! Whole Wheat Honey-Jalapeño Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie.