Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin. Place potatoes first one layer in bottom of pan then a layer of onions and sprinkle them with salt and pepper and repeat process until all potatoes and onions are in the pan. Placed cooked potato and onion mix into oven proof dish. This cheesy potato casserole is always popular.
They go great with just about anything. Chop your potatoes into large chunks. Arrange your bacon slices on the outside of the pan and potatoes on the inside. You can cook Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin
- It’s 6 large of Thin sliced potato on a mandolin or otherwise.
- You need 4 of thin sliced large onions.
- You need 5 large cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chillies, 1 red 1 green.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- You need 250 g of bacon lardons.
- It’s 1 tub (300g) of creme fresh.
- You need 300 g of strong cheddar cheese grated.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 50 g of butter.
Baking a potato in the oven does require a little more time than zapping it in the microwave, but it's mostly hands-off time. The perfect baked potato is crispy on the outside and pillowy in the middle. Cracked open and still steaming, it's ready to receive anything from a sprinkle of cheese to last night's. Place the potatoes in a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold, running water.
Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin instructions
- Fry off bacon lardons and set aside for later..
- Grate cheddar cheese into a bowl and set aside for later..
- Place 6 tablespoons of oil in frying pan. Thinly slice potatoes and onions. Place potatoes first one layer in bottom of pan then a layer of onions and sprinkle them with salt and pepper and repeat process until all potatoes and onions are in the pan. Fry gently with a lid on..
- Finley chop garlic and chillies and add to the top of potato and onion mix in frying pan. When the potatoes on the bottom have browned turn the mix over. Do this until most of the mix has browned and softened ..
- Get an oven proof dish big enough to hold all the contents of what's in the frying Crush some more garlic and and mix with the butter. Rub this around the inside of this ovenproof dish..
- Placed cooked potato and onion mix into oven proof dish . Sprinkle on bacon lardons. Sprinkle on grated cheese. Drizzle creme fresh all over. Place in oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins..
- Bon appetite . Love this one…
Baking a potato is easy and takes zero kitchen skill, but there are a lot of ways you can go wrong. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Rub with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. This bacon & spicy bean baked potato is a great alternative. Streaks of meaty bacon, smoked paprika spice & Worcestershire sauce gives it great flavour.