*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. Great recipe for *EASY* Vegan "salt fish" Fritter. This recipe has to be the tastiest, easiest , most affordable, snack I've ever made! Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture.
These West Indian salt fish fritters are perfect finger food. Serve with plenty of pepper sauce for dipping. Claire Thomson: Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. You can have *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- Prepare 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay season.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
Try it in these delicious fritters. There are many ways in which salt fish is prepared in the Caribbean but the most popular way is fried. We say fried but what we really mean is sautéed with thyme, lots of onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper. Jamaican Salt Fish Fritters: – Will take long to make- Really good- Adjust to your liking- Get Creative.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter step by step
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
View top rated Salt fish fritter recipes with ratings and reviews. Pumpkin And Salted Fish Curry, Bean Sprouts And Salted Fish Stir-Fried, Salted Fish And Vegetable Soup, etc. Easy step by step instructions to make traditional Newfoundland salt cod fish cakes. Fish-n-brewis (or a similar version called fisherman's brewis) is basically salt fish simply mixed with potatoes, hard bread, pork fat and fried onion (and maybe a little drawn butter over top). Comprehensive nutrition resource for Grace Fritter Mix, Salt Fish Flavoured.