Chocolate birthday cake. Why This Chocolate Birthday Cake is the best!!! I was raised to think that food was the way to a man's heart, and I think this cake might be the ticket. It is my auntie Rose's chocolate cake recipe, and it is.
It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting. Chocolate birthday cake for a tenth birthday or anniversary celebration. Chocolate cake with Happy Birthday candles. You can have Chocolate birthday cake using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate birthday cake
- It’s 220 gr. of Flour.
- Prepare 220 gr. of Brown sugar.
- It’s 220 gr. of Butter.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- You need of For the chocolate fudge icing.
- You need 250 gr. of Icing sugar.
- You need 50 gr. of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 125 gr. of Butter.
Closeup of tasty chocolate birthday cake, vertical Chocolate Birthday Cake. Chocolate birthday cake with pink frosting and candles Decadent Chocolate Birthday Cake. This moist, flavorful cake was the traditional birthday cake at our house when I was growing up. I made this for my husbands birthday because he requested German Chocolate Cake and it was.
Chocolate birthday cake instructions
- Get the ingredients together. Take the butter out of the fridge 30 mins before making the cake so it has time to soften.
- Beat the eggs – don't just give them a half-hearted stir with a fork. Well beaten eggs seem to make the sponge lighter..
- Put the sugar and butter in the mixer and make a cream.
- Add some egg….
- Add some of the flour, cocoa and baking powder with the mixer on medium speed. Keep adding egg and flour alternately until both have been used up..
- Turn to a higher speed and mix for a minute or so.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking pan (better to use greaseproof paper but I didn't have any) or a lightly greased non-stick one.
- Put in the pre-heated oven at 170° for 40 minutes..
- Take out and pierce with a fork. If the prongs come out clean the cake is done. If they don't then leave for another couple of minutes.
- Empty onto a rack and leave to cool.
- When the cake is cool, put the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Melt the butter over a low heat, make a hole on the icing sugar and add the melted butter.
- Stir to make the fudge icing.
- If it is too thick to spread then add a tiny dash of milk but go carefully – just a few drops make a big difference.
- Put the icing on the cake.
- Put a wide knife under very hot tap water and spread the icing.
- Decorate with smarties and, when the moment comes.
- …. with candles!! Sing loudly, make a wish (the birthday person) while making the first cut and enjoy!!!.
This chocolate birthday cake is simple to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for decorating for a special celebration. This white chocolate birthday cake is a real show-stopper. The sponge itself is flavoured with white chocolate so that you get a delicious hit of it in every mouthful. We've also added a ganache icing. Make birthday more special by writing name on chocolate birthday cakes.