Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast. A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that's left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes.
True story, I would fight my Dad for the last one. Sunday Slow Cooker: Pot Roast and Potatoes Recipe. I had weird eating habits as a kid. You can cook Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Prepare of Chuck Roast.
- You need 32 ounce of beef broth.
- You need 4-6 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of diced potatoes or bag of small potatoes.
- You need 4 of shallots ( left whole unpeeled) or can use 1 small onion even pearl onions work great to!.
- You need 1 of Lipton onion recipe packet.
- Prepare Dashes of Worcestershire and A1.
- It’s of Seasonings.
This is a simple recipe for a delicious pot roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions. I also show how to make a very simple beef gravy. With the help of a slow cooker, you can prepare a down-home dinner any day of the week, not just on Sundays. Combine first five ingredients; rub over roast.
Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast step by step
- Set crockpot on low/.. (will take 8-10hrs) high (4-6 hours)/ and fill with chuck roast and beef broth and cover.
- Once starts to heat I throw seasonings in (can do in beginning).
- Let sit 2 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low (once roast gets browned color).. At this time add carrots and cover for one hour… (I do this to let meat cook more to have a tender shredded ending also so veggies don't boil and mush down ..carrots take lil longer than potatoes to cook and soften).
- Now add potatoes and onions and cover for few more hours until all tender.
- Once meat shreds on its own and potatoes are soft turn off and serve!.
- Yummy Sunday Dinner!!!.
The easiest way to cook a pot roast – in the slow cooker! This no-fail recipe turns out an amazing Sunday dinner every single time. Tender, fall-apart roast cooked together with carrots and potatoes, thrown together in the morning and ready to eat when dinner rolls around. Make-ahead tip: Sear the pot roast, caramelize the onions and mushrooms, and chop the carrots and celery the day before. Then pop it all into the slow cooker on Sunday and go enjoy your day.