You can cook Silky Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Silky Carbonara
- You need 350 g of fresh fettuccine.
- Prepare 4 pieces of thick cut smoked bacon.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 2 of large handfuls finely grated parmesan.
- It’s 125 ml. of heavy cream.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Silky Carbonara instructions
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water..
- Mix yolks, 1 handful parmesan and cream in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper..
- Chop bacon into lardons. Place a large pan on medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in oan and cook bacon until dark brown and crispy..
- Add cooked pasta to bacon and remove from heat. Add 1 cup reserved pasta water and toss well..
- Add yolk, parmesan & cream mixture. Toss well. Do not reheat or eggs will scramble..
- Toss in the rest of the parmesan. Season to taste. Serve immediately..