Chicken Pochero. Chicken Pochero with warm rice is one of my favorite meals. I consider it as a comfort food. Have you tried eating or cooking it yet?
Chicken Pochero is the perfect Sunday lunch! Loaded with vegetables, beans, smoked sausage, and flavorful tomato broth, this Filipino stew. A warm and hearty dish that the whole family will love coming home to. You can have Chicken Pochero using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pochero
- Prepare 4 of chicken legs.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of th large onion; diced.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of small can of pork & beans.
- You need 1 of small can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of potato; cut into 1.25” chunks.
- It’s 1 of ripe plantain; cut into 1” chunks on the bias.
- It’s 5 of long green beans; cut into 3” pieces.
- You need of Cabbage; cut into 2” wedges.
- Prepare of Bok choy.
- Prepare of Fish sauce.
This Chicken Pochero dish provides vitamin A that helps improve vision and keeps the immune. See how Chef Jackie and Carla made this Chicken Pochero kid-friendly! The Chicken Pochero is best eaten as a comfort food with its mixture of broth and sauce, best partnered with warm, steamed rice to soak up both broth and sauce. Here's how to cook Chicken Pochero Recipe, such an excellent soup dish to make you warm during a cold rainy day.
Chicken Pochero instructions
- If you’re in a hurry; have another pot of boiling water on with the potatoes and plantains bubbling away until cooked. Set aside..
- Simmer onions and garlic in a pan over medium heat until translucent. Add the chicken and chicken broth until it just covers the chicken. Simmer on med-high for about 12 mins; covered..
- Pour in half a can of tomato sauce, half a can of pork & beans, and a spoon full of fish sauce (to taste). If you have your potatoes and plantain on the side, just add in the green beans, bok choy, and cabbage. Throw it all in!.
- Simmer for another 5 mins and sprinkle in some freshly cracked black pepper at the end. Enjoy!.
Pocherong manok or chicken pochero is a tomato sauce based chicken stew with vegetables like cabbage, Bagiuo beans and pechay. Actually this dish is a chicken version of the original pochero. I never liked beans; but over time I grew to love them. I ESPECIALLY like anything simmered in tomato sauce. Here's a terrific fusion of the two.