Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta. Butternut squash is one of our favorite fall staples. Roasting butternut squash is super easy and definitely worth the extra time. Similar to pumpkins in taste and texture, the butternut squash is easier to roast and puree (mostly because it's smaller).
Butternut squash is an orange-fleshed winter squash, celebrated for its versatility and sweet, nutty flavor. Though commonly thought of as a vegetable, butternut squash is technically a fruit. Hard to cut into, but totally worth it. You can cook Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta
- It’s 1 bunch of kale.
- It’s 1/2 cup of precooked bacon bits.
- Prepare 1 jar (1 1/2 cup) of alfredo sauce.
- You need of Buttersquash stuffed pasta (I used frozen medaglioni).
- You need to taste of fresh ground pepper.
Butternut squash is a type of winter squash native to the Americas. Technically a fruit, it has long been utilized as a complete source of vegan protein by native populations when also paired with corn. Roasted Butternut Squash is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side, or can be used as a starting point for recipes like Butternut Squash Soup or salads. Butternut squash is one of the most popular winter squash vegetables.
Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta instructions
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- Add the pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop kale.
- In a large pan, sizzle bacon bits at medium heat and add kale, stirring frequently till kale is cooked, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, cover and put aside.
- While pasta and kale/bacon mix are cooking, reheat alfredo sauce in microwave.
- Serve pasta in a plate, add sauce and top with kale/bacon mix.
Butternuts grow on an annual, long trailing vines. This variety of squash is widely cultivated under warmer climates of South. Butternut squash is harvested in the fall after its skin hardens and turns orange. Proper storage depends on preserving that skin, much like pumpkins and other types of. Butternut squash is a versatile fall ingredient that can be used in soups, casseroles, and Butternut squash plays a starring role in this light and flavorful lasagna recipe.