Eggplant Gratin. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. When you all come together, it's a party in a baking dish. Oh, low-carb gratin, we love you.
Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Recipe for Eggplant-Tomato Gratin from Heart & Soul in the Kitchen by Jacques Pépin. Eggplant-Tomato Gratin (Wendy Goodfriend). "When my garden is producing in full summer, I love. You can have Eggplant Gratin using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- It’s 1 of large eggplant.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- It’s 12 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Organic Eggplant Gratin : September has arrived and it is almost time to say goodbye to summer~ I will miss all the fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and nice weather! Summer zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, beautifully presented in a baked casserole gratin. › Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato Gratin. This gratin is loaded with vegetables and relatively low in fat. Also, the taste of the the browned eggplant with the caramelized onions and potatoes goes amazingly good together.
Eggplant Gratin step by step
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! Place slices evenly over tomatoes in dish. Spread remaining tomato mixture over eggplant slices. From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese. Wash the eggplants and cut off the stems.