Whole Pumpkin Gratin.
You can cook Whole Pumpkin Gratin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Pumpkin Gratin
- Prepare 1 of pumpkin (kabocha).
- You need 1 of onion (slice thinly).
- It’s 1/2-1 pack of shimeji mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 100 g of bacon, or as much as you like (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 10-20 g of butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of bouillon cube (optional).
- Prepare 500-600 ml of milk.
- It’s of Cheese (as much as you want).
- You need 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Whole Pumpkin Gratin instructions
- Wash the pumpkin and cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave until softened. ＊Be careful not to heat it up too much. (reference: 8~10 mins in 700W).
- Cut about 1/4 of the upper part of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and scrape pumpkin meat from shell. (leave at least 1 cm of the shell).
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, shimeji mushrooms, bacon until the onions are browned. Turn down the heat and add the flour and mix well. Pour the milk little by little to get the smooth sauce. Add the pumpkin meat, salt and pepper and cook until thickened.(adjust the thickness to your taste).
- Pour the mixture into the pumpkin, sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs on top and bake in 200℃ oven for 20~25 mins or until heated thoroughly. (Cheese starts to brown and panko bread crumbs are golden).