Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch).
You can have Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch)
- Prepare 250 gr of tiger prawn.
- It’s 1 of medium potato (diced).
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of red chillies.
- Prepare 1 of tomato (chopped).
- You need 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 of clove.
- Prepare 1 of thumb-size ginger.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel powder.
Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch) instructions
- Cleaning of prawns : Peel off the shell, leave the prawn head and the tip of it's tail. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Blend the garlic, onion, ginger, red chillies with some water.
- Heat some oil in a pan over low heat, stir fry the star anise, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and clove for about 20 seconds then add in the curry leaves, stir for another 10 seconds.
- Add in the blended spices, fry it for about 10 mins over medium heat, add in the coconut milk then keep stirring.
- While you stir fry it frequently, add in the diced potato, chopped tomato, curry powder, fennel powder, and cumin powder. If it's too thick add in some water. Do not forget a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Lastly, add in the prawns, put on the cover lid and turn down the heat. Leave it for about 5-7 mins. Then it's ready to serve.
- Happy trying ^•^.