Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Everything you love about Shepherd's Pie, but this quick and easy version is made in the pressure cooker! Pressure cook the potatoes on top of the filling, then mash, assemble the casserole and serve. Pressure Cooker Shepherd's Pie + First Look at The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook!
I truly hope you enjoyed this video. Please let me know if you have tried. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. You can cook Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
Turkey Shepherds Pot Pie. save recipe go to recipe. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables. Fill the pie with chopped turkey, plenty of gravy, and whatever veggies you have: pearl onions work great, along with carrots, potatoes, peas, or green beans.
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? instructions
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
Put a pie shell on top and bake and it's pot pie. Or if you have leftover mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes, use these to cover the pie. Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie.