Low calorie short crust pastry easy & quick. The Best Low Calorie Pastry Recipes on Yummly Making shortcrust pastry is easier than it looks, and saves you spending money on ready-to-bake ones – plus, it's healthier! Time to learn how to make shortcrust pastry… Once you've mastered shortcrust, try our easy puff pastry recipe.
Low-Calorie Quiche Lorraine – Simple and Irresistible Food. Using Lo-Dough as a pastry replacement, anybody can enjoy these indulgent tasting quiches with friends and family without having to worry about the fat, carbs and calories found in standard short-crust pastry. How to make homemade shortcrust pastry for sweet and savoury tarts and pies – it's easier than you think! You can have Low calorie short crust pastry easy & quick using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low calorie short crust pastry easy & quick
- Prepare 100 grams of plain flour I used tesco.
- It’s 34 grams of flora light good for baking lower calories & good fats.
- You need 30 ml of Cold water.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. A basic shortcrust pastry is easy to make. Our foolproof recipe shows how to make it by hand or food processor and shares eight tips for success. The golden rule of making shortcrust pastry is keep the ingredients, the bowl and the hands as cool as possible.
Low calorie short crust pastry easy & quick instructions
- Pre heat oven fan assisted 180° Weigh out flour in bowl.
- Add flora light.
- With fingertips rub flour and butter until you get fine breadcrumbs knocking the bowl to bring any lumps to the top..
- Add the water and using a flat non sharp knife bring it together to firm a dough, then mix together with your hands..
- Lightly flour the table and rolling pin and roll thinly..
- Put the pastry over the rolling pin and cover the tins, press down lightly into edges then put your hand over the top edges to trim off excess. Do this for the other 3 tins..
- Line each tin with grease proof paper then fill with cheap dry rice,.
- Pop into the oven & bake for 10 minutes, this is called blind baking…then take out, cool and carefully remove the grease proof & rice. Now you can fill with own filling or use mine link below. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349387-low-calorie-courgette-mini-quiche-with-cheese-straws.
This shortcrust pastry is a very easy to make. It is buttery and melts in your mouth. This pastry can be adapted for both sweet and savoury dishes. Learn how to make shortcrust pastry and how to prebake pie crusts, just like the one above. Skinny Chocolate S'mores Pie: a low fat crust and lower-fat filling makes this pie a better choice to satisfy Substituting lower fat ingredients makes this easy ice cream rich, thick, and skinny.