Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Season chicken breast lightly (a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. We had no extra BBQ sauce. I made the sandwiches for dinner placing some of the shredded chicken on.
My son even asked for refills on the chicken (which is a big deal). l'm pretty sure all of the adults had seconds. I spent a couple of weeks this summer searching for "summer" recipes which didn't introduce much heat into my I used frozen chicken breasts, so if you use fresh chicken, be mindful that it might take less time than my cook time. Also, I used Sweet Baby Rays. You can cook Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- You need 5 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Prepare Pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare Dash of oregano.
- Prepare Dash of granulated garlic.
I love this because I put the chicken in frozen so I don't have to get icky and this means I can truly have this going in less than five minutes after coming up with the idea. This recipe for crockpot BBQ chicken is one of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes. I make this recipe often when I need a quick dinner that all of my kids will happily eat. We usually enjoy this barbecue chicken in sandwiches.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Add chicken breasts to the crock pot with some salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic for 3 hours..
- Remove liquid. (I store mine in the freezer until a time I need chicken stock!).
- Add your desired BBQ sauce and desired amount. (I used about 1/2 cup on mine. I like my shredded BBQ chicken to be a bit coated in BBQ!).
- Serve up on your favorite hamburger buns with pickles!!! (I served my BBQ chicken sandwiches with homemade coleslaw–see recipe for details!).
Try it on a homemade brioche bun for the BEST. Pulled BBQ sandwiches have never been my "thing", which is unfortunate given that we live in Memphis. This Crock Pot BBQ Chicken has come in handy a lot this week while I've been oven-less. Pour BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's) and spices in crockpot. Add Chicken and cover with sauce.