Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew. This easy slow cooker roast beef recipe with potatoes, rosemary, and carrots makes for an easy impressive dinner. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. Remove from slow cooker and let rest, then slice and serve with vegetables.
I typically use chuck roast, diced into bite-sized pieces, which. In this easy cooking video, I make a simple pot roast, or stew, using a boneless beef chuck roast, in my Crock-Pot slow cooker. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. You can have Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew
- You need 1 of Beef roast of your choice.
- Prepare 6 of Carrots chopped.
- Prepare 5 of Potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of Celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Small- med Onion chopped.
- You need 6 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red wine of your choice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes – Optional.
Another thing to consider is how old/what type your crock pot is. I was having a terrible time with roasts (especially beef ones) being horribly dried out until I. Pot Roast, Beef Shank, Boneless Beef Short Ribs. My go to for beef stew is typically chuck, but if another one of the cuts is on sale, I won't hesitate to go with it.
Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew instructions
- Pat dry roast with paper towel and season..
- Place roast in crock pot and add water & wine. Liquid should cover about 1 1/2 inches of the bottom or so..
- Add garlic cloves and vegetables around the roast. They do not have to be under water.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary on top the roast. Cover and turn on LOW for about 5 hours or until roast falls apart..
- TIP: After a few hours spoon liquid over roast and repeat a few times..
- Serve by pulling desired amount of roast with tongs and spooning the stew. ENJOY!.
- TIP: Try serving over rice..
- TIP: Day 2: You can use the beef for an "And the Next Day" Recipe. See my "Enchisagna" or "Enchiladas" recipe. You can even use the leftover rice!.
Now that you've selected your beef, the next decision is if you are going to sear your beef. It wasn't a lot of snow, a dusting really that covered my rose bushes and herb garden I cut my own stew meat whenever there is an awesome sale on roast beef. Then everything else is just tossed in the slow cooker and let to simmer. This Beef Stew may be made in the Crock-Pot or on the stove top in a large Dutch oven, but for the best results, be sure your Crock-Pot doesn't boil; it should simmer lightly. Boiling will make the beef stringy and dry, will ruin the flavor of the broth and make the vegetables mushy – the results will be like.