Cottage Pie. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central!
It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. You can cook Cottage Pie using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- It’s of meat mixture.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dry rosemary.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of frozen carrots.
- Prepare of potato topping.
- Prepare 6 of medium purple potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need of salt.
Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the.
Cottage Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a deep sauce pan add in butter and oil on medium heat..
- Add in the onions, garlic, and beef, and saute for 10 minutes until beef is cooked through..
- Add in flour and mix; the flour will absorb the extra moisture to create a gravy later..
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes to cook off the flours raw edge and add in the below seasoning ingredients..
- Add in broth, cook and stir until sauce has thicken (about 5 minutes)..
- Stir in frozen veggies, and remove from heat..
- Add meat and veggie filling into a baking dish… Be sure to flatten your meat mixture in the dish..
- Meanwhile boil your potatoes until fork tender..
- Then add in butter, heavy cream, cheese, seasoning, & egg yoke. Mash and mix well..
- Using a large spoon, place dollops of potatoes over your meat filling, then using a fork, gently spread potatoes evenly across the meat filling. Doing it this way will help from pulling the meat up & mixing it into the potato crust..
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until the sides have brown..
- Remove baking dish from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving..
Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with Watch how to make Quick and easy cottage pie. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie.