Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Dad's Stuffed Bell Peppers..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. Cube Steak. cardolicious: Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. This Roasted Chickpea Gyros recipe makes such an easy vegetarian dinner. You can have Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Meat mixture.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 1 of celery, diced small.
- It’s 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- Prepare 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Pita stuffed with spiced chickpeas and drizzled with refreshing tzatziki sauce! Shepherd's Pie is a delicious dish of ground meat (traditionally lamb, but beef is popular as well), gravy Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a golden cheese crust, it's straightforward to make and is brilliant for making ahead.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers instructions
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
This healthful and flavorful Shepherd's Pie defies tradition by forgoing the usual ground or minced meat, and uses portabella mushrooms instead. This version also leaves out the butter and milk, but leaves in the mashed potatoes, carrots and peas! PagesOtherBrandWebsiteHealth & Wellness WebsiteSuper Healthy KidsVideosJack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy, topped with a creamy Mashed potatoes – You'll need a nice big batch of creamy mashed potatoes to top your shepherd's pie. I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, butter, milk, and sour cream.