Potatoes au Gratin. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! You can have Potatoes au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potatoes au Gratin
- You need 2 kg of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice..
- It’s dash of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream cheese.
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees celcius (or mark 6)..
- Peel potatoes, wash and drain well..
- Slice the potatoes as finely as possible or use a slicer to make things easier..
- Rub the garlic around a baking dish or skillet. Grease the dish with butter. I also greased it with cream cheese..
- Start laying the sliced potatoes in the dish separating them only slightly, keeping them compact. Add salt, pepper, parsley. Add a layer of cream. Spread the cream on the potatoes. Add some grated cheese..
- Repeat step 5 for as many layers as you have potatoes. You might need to add cream or cheese..
- On the final layer top with some parsley and a lot of cheese and bake for 45-60minutes..
This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there. Here's the best way to cook homemade au gratin potatoes at home before your holiday meal. Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden.