Quick pickled baby carrots and beets. Prepare the Pickled Turnips and Beets. Scrub beets well and cook them in salted boiling water for five minutes. Drain, rinse under cool running water, and If the turnips are one inch or so in diameter, cut them in half through the stem end.
You might want to double the recipe. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. You can cook Quick pickled baby carrots and beets using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick pickled baby carrots and beets
- You need 20 of or so fresh baby carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of steamed or roasted beets, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vinegar (white wine, apple cider, coconut, all work).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water, plus more for blanching the carrots.
- You need 1/2 tbs of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of honey (depending on how sweet you like it).
- Prepare 1/2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of small clove garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds, toasted.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds, toasted.
- It’s of Fresh dill for garnish, optional.
Have some carrots hanging out in the back of the fridge and not sure what to do with them? Add small carrots to a glass jar (or slice into smaller pieces if using large carrots). Heat vinegar in a saucepan (we like distilled and/or apple. "These beets are brightened by the flavor of cloves, orange and herbs, making them an ideal holiday side dish, not to mention a great present," says Jose. Peel the skin from the beets and halve or quarter if large.
Quick pickled baby carrots and beets instructions
- Trim ends of baby carrots, then wash them. I peeled mine but not sure that was necessary..
- Cook carrots in boiling water for two minutes, then remove and run under cold water or put into a boil of ice water to stop the cooking. Combine with the beets in a bowl..
- Separately, combine water, vinegar, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then dissolve salt and honey in it..
- Pour hot pickling mixture over the carrots and beets, let cool, then transfer everything to an airtight container. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour to let chill and let flavors combine..
- Garnish with dill and serve..
Pour the pickling liquid over and allow to cool at room temperature. Pickled Baby Carrots Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. No need to use a hot water canning method…just whip these up anytime you need them. Quick Pickled Beets Recipe. posted by Marina Delio