Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her.
This simple Shepherd's Pie recipe not only tastes delicious, but it's classic British comfort food. Try it, it's a major crowd pleaser! Simple Shepherd's Pie is a recipe that you will make over and over because it is so delicious. You can cook Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie
- It’s of spices.
- You need 4 tbsp of minced garlic from jar in water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion flakes or 1/2 sauteed chopped onion.
- You need 2 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 6 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 can of creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
It can be made ahead of time, frozen and is a perfect comfort food and. Aka Homemade Shepherd's Pie with ground beef. One that's simple and affordable and delicious. It is the best ❤️ Feel free to use ground lamb in place of the beef for a more authentic version!
Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie step by step
- Cook mashed potatoes as directed or make your own. Add half of the spices to potatoes..
- Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Drain grease from pan.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Stirring constantly..
- Add hamburger to 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour creamed corn on top of hamburger.
- Pour corn on top of creamed corn..
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of corn mixture. Smooth with a spatula or spoon. Make sure to completely cover mixture with potatoes..
- Bake for 25 minutes pull from oven and sprinkle cheese across top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before serving..
Lamb tends to be more fatty, so drain it after browning if you prefer less fat. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered Shepherd's Pie Ingredients. While this is a fairly simple recipe, there's a few key ingredients needed. Ground Lamb: It's traditional to use ground.