Tofu Steak Sandwich. Slap the tofu steak on the avocado, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and top with tomato slices. Put the last piece of bread on top, and enjoy! Tofu Mushroom Steak Sandwich with Horseradish Aioli.
Once the tofu is firm and cooked all the way through, remove it from the oven. This vegan steak panini with horseradish aioli is at the top of my list for best sandwiches of all time. Thinly sliced tofu, marinated in a magical marinade. You can have Tofu Steak Sandwich using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Steak Sandwich
- It’s 1 of firm tofu, sliced aprox 8mm.
- It’s of Bread or burger bun.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Tomato, sliced.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese, grated.
- You need of Mayonnaise, for bread spread.
- You need of Truffle oil for drizzling.
- Prepare of Tofu Marinade.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt, adjust later.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grounded black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Put these amazing tofu steak slices on some crusty bread with a quick and easy vegan horseradish aioli and arugula. However, for my Vegan French Dip Sandwich I used Gardein Beefless Tips and they could work for this recipe if you want to skip making the tofu steak strips. See great recipes for Tofu Steak Sandwich, Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls too! Dip the tofu steaks in the tomato paste mixture, and use a spoon or fork to help spread a thick layer of the sauce on the tofu.
Tofu Steak Sandwich step by step
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, use brush to marinade tofu for at least 1 hour.
- Pan fried tofu.
- Spread mayo and truffle oil on each bread. Layer lettuce, tomato, cheese, tofu. Done.
Now dip the sauced tofu steak into the breadcrumbs and use your hands to help pat the breadcrumbs onto the tofu. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Transfer tofu from marinade (letting excess drip off and reserving marinade) to grill with a spatula. Transfer tofu to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Instructions Marinated Smoky Maple Tofu: Slice tofu into ¼" (½ cm) slices.