Slow cooker pumpkin soup. This slow cooker pumpkin soup manages to check several boxes at once. I recommend taking the time to sauté the diced vegetables and aromatics at the beginning of cooking. This helps give the finished soup more flavor.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and onion; cook and stir until lightly browned. A slow cooker pumpkin soup is perfect for a healthier dinner that you can prepare and get cooking ahead of time. You can have Slow cooker pumpkin soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker pumpkin soup
- Prepare 1.2 kg of Kent pumpkin.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 L of sodium reduced chicken stock.
- Prepare 50 g of cream cheese.
- You need Half of block feta cheese.
- Prepare Handful of chopped chives.
This creamy soup is loaded with all the flavors that you expect in a good pumpkin soup. It features a blend of onion, garlic, carrots, pumpkin, cream, and a few spices. Nothing is easier to make than this Slow Cooker Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe – it's great for chilly nights, potlucks and parties, or anytime. Folks, you don't need me to tell you that Pumpkin Season has arrived.
Slow cooker pumpkin soup step by step
- Remove seeds and rind from pumpkin, cut into chunks..
- Stir fry diced onion and minced garlic in slow cooker pot.
- Add pumpkin to pot, along with stock..
- Set for 6 hours on low..
- After soup is done, mash the pumpkin pieces with a potato masher..
- Stir in the cream cheese and stir thoroughly to ensure it is well distributed..
- Top of crumbed feta cheese and chopped chives to your liking..
This soup has flavors of traditional pumpkin soup with a hint of peanut butter flavor, creamy sweet coconut and a hint of spice thanks to cayenne. Once done cooking, remove chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks, then add back to the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup is a quick and easy recipe that calls for ingredients that you probably have on hand. How to Make Pumpkin Soup in a Slow Cooker.