Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso. See great recipes for Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso too! See great recipes for Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso too! Dark greens, roasted vegetables, and citrus fruits of all colors and stripes are the real players in January and February.
A simple delicious recipe for Watermelon Shiso Salad with Cucumber, Sesame Seeds and Scallions – a light and refreshing Asian style Watermelon Salad that Here's a refreshing Watermelon Salad with crunchy cucumbers, shiso leaves, scallions and a simple Sesame-Lime Dressing. A quick and healthy spinach salad with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese. The nuttiness of the pearled barley and pine nuts contrasts with the sweet apples and pomegranate seeds in this tasty side dish. You can cook Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso
- It’s 1/2 cup of or so of cold barley (actually Job's tears in this case but same thing for these purposes).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pomelo.
- It’s 1/4 cup of or so of pomegranate seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped and toasted cashews.
- It’s 2 of shiso leaves, chopped up.
- It’s 1 of small shallot, finely minced.
- It’s 1 of slug of olive oil (say, a tsp or so).
- Prepare 1 of healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
The salad (without the pine nuts) can be refrigerated overnight. Add chopped avocado and tomato to the barley with pomegranate, chopped onion, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Pomelos are the sweeter, peppery ancestor of the grapefruit. This salad was the prevailing crowd-pleaser at our recent Lunar New Year party.
Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso step by step
- Chop, toast, and mince as indicated above, then mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, and salt, and give a good mix again. Taste and adjust until you want to eat it..
- Cover it then pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to let it chill and allow the flavors to come together..
Goi Buoi (pomelo salad), shown here with seared shrimp and Chinese broccoli leaves. Rinse scallops under cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Cooking the barley right in the broth gives this salad an extra flavor boost right from the start. Lemon and parsley give it a bright, fresh note to contrast the rich flavor from Stir the barley, cucumber, red pepper, cheese, olives and green onions in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice mixture and toss to coat.