Best shepherds pie. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas. Carefully spoon out the fat and discard it (this will make the dish leaner and healthier, as well as lighter tasting).
Rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork so there are peaks that will get well browned. The best shepherd's pie is sometimes what I turn to when I have had a bad day, if I'm feeling down, cold, or, just for any reason at all and I need to indulge in some gorgeous comfort food, and you know. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. You can cook Best shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best shepherds pie
- It’s 2 of packages ground beef.
- It’s 1/3 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of small mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of can of peas and carrots.
- You need 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.
- You need 3 of packages instant potatoes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese flakes.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. From easy Shepherds Pie recipes to masterful Shepherds Pie preparation techniques, find Shepherds Pie ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. A really good Shepherd's Pie should always start with a soffrito – that is, onion, garlic, carrots and Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Best shepherds pie instructions
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Brown beef in bacon fat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, peas, and carrots, and sauces.
- Now spread mixture into a 9 13×9 pan cut bacon into bite size pieces and cream on top now set aside.
- Cook potatoes as directed, then spread on top of beef cover with çheese and bake at 375 for approx 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese browns, may have to broil for a couple minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes and enjoy.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine and get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. Serve the shepherd's pie hot with the cabbage piled alongside. Classic Shepherd's Pie recipe – a casserole of ground lamb (or beef!) mixed with vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes.