Pumpkin Gratin. Pick up your fresh pumpkin at a local farmer's market to create a delicious vegetable gratin. The Pumpkin Gratin recipe out of our category flowering vegetables! Pumpkin Gratin recipe: Found on http The only way I ate pumpkin as a child was in a savory gratin, so the first time I had it in the United States sweet, in a pie I thought it was a mistake.
Cut the pumpkin in half and, with a knife, remove the flesh from inside. Discard the seeds and cut flesh into thin slices. Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Pumpkin Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Gratin
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 small of Pumpkin.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mascarpone cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
This principle can be used as a base to make other "au gratin" vegetables. This Provençal dish is a favorite throughout France, where large wedges of pumpkin are sold at vegetable markets in the fall and winter. Layers of pumpkin, butternut squash, and potatoes are baked in a rich Pumpkin-and-Winter Squash Gratin Recipe. Photo: Victor Protasio; Prop Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine; Food Styling: Torie Cox.
Pumpkin Gratin step by step
- Spread butter on a small baking dish.
- Cut the pumpkin into small squares, and them to the baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 the bread crumbs over the pumpkin and mix well.
- Spread the salt, nutmeg and thyme over the pumpkin squares and mix well.
- Spread the mascarpone and mix well..
- Bake it at 350°F for 20 minutes (or until it starts bubbling).
- Remove from oven, mix everything well again. Add the rest of the bread crumbs and broil it for about 2 minutes just to make a crust..
The tasty combination of pumpkin and millet is quite popular in Russian cuisine. At this time of year there are plenty of types of squash to choose from, with wonderful names like crown prince, acorn, butternut and onion. Children like pumpkin because of its natural sweetness. Served as a gratin, it makes a good vegetable dish that is high in fibre and provitamin A, with added calcium from the grated cheese. There seems to be cheese missing from this gratin.