You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 6 of red Potatoes.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 300 gram of Minced beef.
- You need 1 of small onion – chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- Prepare of Fresh rosemary.
- You need of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 150 ml of fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 of carrot – chopped.
- Prepare To taste of butter.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need as needed of Beef broth.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.