Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes.
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. In England (and Australia and New. Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole – Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- It’s 2 of celery, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil,.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Perfect for your family dinner menu! Shepherd's Pie is really not much more than a baked meat and vegetable casserole topped with potatoes, often using leftovers. It's a little like a beef pot pie made with ground beef instead of roast meat. To the best of my knowledge, Shepherd's Pie in the U.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
S. is actually what would be considered. In bowl, combine sausage, gravy, vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. Our Original Sausage and Mashed Potatoes make this a down-home classic for any night of the week. The ultimate sausage stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving! All your favorite Fall flavors are baked together in a perfectly textured side dish you'll love!