Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy.
You can have Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy
- It’s 6 cups of baby bok choy that's been sliced into roughly 1/3" strips on the diagonal (this was about 3 med heads of baby bok choy).
- Prepare 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1-1.5 Tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1-1.5 Tablespoons of chili garlic paste or sambal oelek (you can use sriracha in a pinch).
- It’s of Optional yummy additions:.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare of toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the bok choy with the salt and toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 30 minutes to extrude water, re-tossing once or twice during this time to make sure the salt is evenly distributed..
- After 30 minutes, you'll see quite a bit of water has extruded from the bok choy. Take the bok choy in large handfuls and squeeze firmly in a two-handed fist to press out the excess liquid and set aside in another bowl. This salting, extruding and squeezing process is what lends the bok choy that lovely pickled crunch. :).
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, starting at the lower end of the measurements and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy!.