Shepherd's pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. You can cook Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- Prepare of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this. We seem to eat for comfort during the holidays.but comfort foods aren't necessarily healthy. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.