Instant pot beef barley soup. Reviews for: Photos of Instant Pot® Beef And Barley Soup. I made this soup today in a Crock-Pot Express and the meat and barley were a bit over cooked. Other than the consistency being a bit too mushy, it was very tasty.
A soup that eats like a meal, right from your multicooker—comforting and satisfying to come home to on a cold autumn day. Helpful tips cooking Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup recipe. You don't want too big of chunks since this is a soup and you'll want to fit more on each spoonful than one hunk of meat. You can have Instant pot beef barley soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced white onion.
- You need 1 cup of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- You need 1 cup of choped kale (I use frozen).
- It’s 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
Next you'll use the saute function on your Instant Pot (or a large pot over medium-high heat). And now, with this Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup recipe, it's so much quicker to make! Serve this Beef and Barley Soup with a tangy dollop of yogurt on top and a fresh baguette on the side for dipping. Leftovers will still taste delicious the next day, or you can freeze extras for a quick dinner later.
Instant pot beef barley soup instructions
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned.
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal.
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure.
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot.
- Make sure button is down before opening lid.
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices.
The Instant Pot Ace Blender became an instant hit for its ability to cook as well as achieve high-speed blending, and fans have been clamoring for trustworthy recipes. This Healthy Beef Barley Soup Recipe a delicious, cozy dinner. Made with only a few simple ingredients in either your instant pot, crockpot or stove top. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about.