Au Gratin Potatoes. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe.
Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. You can cook Au Gratin Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Au Gratin Potatoes
- Prepare 4 of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 TBS of flower.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely.
Au Gratin Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it's ready to serve..
Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps. Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious.