Baby okra in tomato sauce – bamieh bi zeit. Baby okra are cooked with tomatoes, onions, garlic and olive oil. It is best served cold with a squeeze of lemon. In a saucepan on medium fire, heat the remaining olive oil and add.
I would recommend using the baby Okra. Okra Recipes Baby Food Recipes Great Recipes Tomato Sauce Food For Thought Healthy Snacks Vegetarian Recipes Side Dishes. Bamies latheres me domata (stewed okra in tomato sauce) is a simple Greek vegetarian dish that will work well as a side or as a light entrée. You can have Baby okra in tomato sauce – bamieh bi zeit using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baby okra in tomato sauce – bamieh bi zeit
- It’s 1 kg of okra, frozen.
- It’s 500 g of tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, cut into thin wedges.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
The main reason people don't care for okra is because of its sliminess. Okra contains something called mucilage, a substance also present in aloe. Learn how to make Delicious Bamieh Bel Zeit (Okra) , following these simple recipe steps. Now you can easily prepare and serve delicious Combine Okra, MAGGI JUICY CORIANDER & GARLIC spice Mix, Olive Oil, Tomato, Cumin and Chili Flakes in provided oven bag and gently toss to coat.
Baby okra in tomato sauce – bamieh bi zeit step by step
- In a skillet, fry the okra in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 10 min until they change in color..
- In a saucepan on medium fire, heat the remaining olive oil and add the onion, garlic, and coriander. Cook for 4-5 min then add in the okra..
- Dissolve the tomato paste in ½ cup of water then add it to the saucepan, along with the tomato dices and salt..
- Stir the ingredients and cover the pan. Cook on high heat for around 30 min or until the okra become soft..
- Let the okra cool then add the lemon juice. Serve with pita bread..
Lamb and okra are simmered in a fragrant, and spicy tomato-based broth. It's a Yemeni version of bamieh or okra stew. Other changes I made: added spinach used better than bouillon instead of bouillon accidentally cut the amount of diced tomatoes in half added some drops of fish sauce. Middle Eastern okra and tomato stew, served over white rice. Follow my step by step guide to make this wonderful Bamya dish!