Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way. Great recipe for Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way. I was craving some saucy creamy potatoes to go with some fried chicken so here ya go. Spray or grease an iron skillet or casserole dish.
These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe. You can cook Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- You need 16 oz of block of Muenster cheese, or cheese of choice, i sliced mine thin OR grate it.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Grated parm for each layer.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder or fresh garlic, smashed and chopped.
- It’s of I cup of garlic bread crumbs or a cup or so of garlic croutons crushed.
The creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in this classic French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience. Creamy cheesy and garlicky potatoes make the perfect side dish for your holiday meal! This is part of a holiday collaboration with lots of other amazing. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have How to make Potatoes Au Gratin.
Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray or grease an iron skillet or casserole dish. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the skillet or pan, covering the bottom..
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and cover the layer with the cheese and a sprinkling of parm. Muenster is a softish cheese so I sliced it thin but you can grate it if you’re adventurous..
- Repeat the layers the same until all the potatoes and cheese are used, ending with cheese..
- In a medium sauce pan, On med/high heat, melt butter and add flour and stir for a minute. Pour in milk and whisk. Stir until it bubbles up and thickens. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir..
- Pour sauce over potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- Uncover the potatoes after 45 minutes and add bread crumbs and another sprinkling of parm. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until hot, brown and bubbly, about another 15-20 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes then cut and enjoy..
Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. My hubby loves potato au gratin, it's his favorite way of eating potatoes, so i make this. The ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes are potatoes, cheese, and heavy cream with additional flavors such as garlic and thyme. It's important to use heavy cream instead of milk because the fat is important for the cheese sauce to bake properly. This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there.