Japanese Style Baby Back Ribs.
You can have Japanese Style Baby Back Ribs using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Style Baby Back Ribs
- You need of Miso Marinade.
- You need 1 cup of dark miso paste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sesame or peanut oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of white wine or champagne vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Yuzu paste (optional).
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Zest and juice of 2 grapefruits.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of Baby Back Ribs.
- Prepare 2 of baby back ribs (membrane removed) (about 2.5 pounds).
- Prepare 2 of onions sliced in rings.
- Prepare 3 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 2 of oranges sliced (total 8 round slices).
- It’s of Miso Marinade.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Japanese Style Baby Back Ribs step by step
- Miso Marinade : in a bowl mix the dark miso paste, brown sugar, cayenne, vinegar, Yuzu, sake and mix..
- In a separate bowl mix: Grapefruit juice (save 1/2 cup) and zest, garlic, soy sauce, green onion.
- Mix Bowl 1 and Bowl 2, then add paste to ribs and more green onions (save about 1/2 cup of paste in separate bowl). Seal with plastic and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat oven at 300. Line a tray with foil, place ribs bone side down and oranges and onion under and around them. Brush ribs with more paste, add rest of grapefruit juice over ribs. Place 1 cup of water around ribs..
- Cook for 2 hrs, in last 30 minutes brush more miso paste sauce and add more grapefruit juice. When done let cool before slicing,put a final brush of paste when slicing. Garnish with more sliced green onion..