Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup. We created this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup to use up fresh zucchini, tomatoes and some of the fresh herbs from our garden – but you can also add other fresh Can I make this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup in the slow cooker? From the questions we often get, I know that a lot. This easy tomato soup is thick with turkey sausage, cannellini beans, and pasta.
And truthfully, I've loved all the Italian Sausage soups I've posted on the blog, but this Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini. Sweet Italian sausage adds more great flavor too! #soup #zucchini #tomatoes #Italiansausage. Find this Pin and more on A Family Feast Recipes by A Family Feast ®. You can cook Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 2 cups of yellow onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 cups of mini bell peppers (chopped).
- You need 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of zucchinis cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken soup base.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Colby jack cheese.
- It’s Dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of motzerella or feta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare of Extra cheese for garnish.
The tomatoes and zucchini create soup liquid. Serve with garlic buttered Italian bread and grated Parmesan cheese. Combine tomatoes, sausage, tomato sauce, stock, onion,. added such as Italian style green beans or garbanzo . important to the final flavor. This recipe for Italian Sausage Zucchini Soup originally came from Hope Murphy's mother, Carol, who discovered it many decades ago in the food section of the Springfield (Massachusetts) Republican and adapted it over the years.
Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup instructions
- To make the zucchini tomato Italian sausage soup: In a large soup pot or large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and once hot, add Italian sausage meat. Break up the meat while it cooks with a wooden spoon..
- Once the Italian sausage meat has browned, add onion and bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes..
- Move the meat and vegetables to the sides and lower heat to medium. Add garlic, pepper flakes and tomato paste to the center of the Dutch oven and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, zucchini, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Colby jack cheese and motzerella, along with basil and thyme and stir to combine..
- Bring the soup to a medium simmer and cook just long enough until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes..
- Remove the soup from heat. Serve soup immediately with additional basil and cheese on top. Enjoy!.
This Italian Sausage Soup recipe gives you all the flavor of Zuppa Toscana without all the carbs! Especially one like this Italian Sausage Soup. It's so easy and full of fresh ingredients. Who needs Olive Garden when you have this tasty soup recipe you can make at home? Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion.