Squash Gratin. This gratin is the perfect way to use up an abundance of summer squash. More gratin recipes I love are classic scallop potato au gratin, spinach gratin, brussels sprouts gratin and Winter veggie gratin. Slightly sweet golden squash is topped with a savory herbed cheese-breadcrumb topping.
Yet, again and again I always come back to the humble gratin. This version is filled with layers of yellow and green squash, complemented with the subtle aroma of lemon and thyme, and topped with. This best-ever zucchini and summer squash gratin gets flavor from leeks, white wine and Gruyère cheese. You can cook Squash Gratin using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Gratin
- Prepare 1 of delicata squash.
- Prepare 1/2 of butternut squash.
- It’s 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated goats milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of sazon seasoning.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Get the recipe at Food & Wine. This butternut squash gratin is a lot like like a scalloped potato casserole except it's made with winter Butternut squash gratin. It's a simple yet underheralded approach to consuming everyone's. The Provençal version of this gratin calls for a French pumpkin called potiron, but a combination of acorn and butternut squash will make a good.
Squash Gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 385°.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat 1 tbsp oil. Finely slice the onion and garlic and cook until soft..
- Stir in the tomato paste. Once well mixed add the goats milk, rosemary and nutritional yeast..
- Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat..
- Chop the squashes and potatoes into 1/4 inch slices while the sauce is simmering..
- Pour the sauce into a bowl to use later..
- Layer the squash and potatoes in the cast iron skillet alternating as you go..
- Dust the squash with sazon seasoning..
- Once the skillet is full evenly pour the sauce across the top..
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour..
- After an hour remove the foil and lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes..
- Let cool and dig in!.
By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen. Butternut squash is a tan-colored, elongated vegetable with a bulbous end and mildly sweet flavor. Someone was asking me in the comments the other day about my food The gratin recipe features lots it, thinly sliced, with new potatoes, an oregano pesto, and. It makes an excellent crusty topping for gratins like this one and macaroni and cheese. Transfer the squash mixture to a baking dish, top with the bread crumbs and then both of the cheeses.