Sinigang (sour soup). Pork Sinigang is a delicious Filipino sour soup dish. The soup is made from any cut of pork along tomato, string beans, spinach, and tamarind. Sinigang is a sour soup native to the Philippines.
SInigang is Filipino soup characterized by its sour and savoury taste. This video is a quick tutorial of how to cook Sinigang. Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. You can have Sinigang (sour soup) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sinigang (sour soup)
- Prepare 4-6 c of Bok Choy, chopped.
- It’s 2 c of okra, cut into 1" pcs.
- It’s 2 c of fresh green beans, cut into 1" pcs.
- It’s 1 c of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of Roma tomato, diced.
- You need 1 of Tamarind Soup mix.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1.5-2 lbs of pork sirloin, cut into bite size pcs.
It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it's base flavor, it can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp, and vegetables. Sinigang is a sour soup, owing its sour flavour from tamarind. With lots of veggies and hearty pork ribs, this is the perfect healthy winter dish. Cooking a Tastier Sour Sinigang Na Baboy (Pork Sour Soup).
Sinigang (sour soup) step by step
- Wash and drain pork. Heat a large pan for 1 min then place pork to cook, no oil. Cook for about 7 min until brown. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Using the same pan used for the pork, saute onions for 1 min then add tomatoes and ginger. Cook for another minute then lower heat to simmer..
- Boil 4 c of water in a separate pot. Be prepared that you'll consider adding more to lesson the sour flavor..
- Add okra to tomato-onion mixture. Cook for 2 min..
- Add the cooked pork and stir to allow for the flavors to mesh. Cook for 3 min and turn off the heat..
- Once the pot of water boils, add the tamarind and chicken bouillon to it..
- Once the water starts to boil, add the Bok Choy..
- Then add in the cooked the pork mixture and green beans. Stir to combine and lower heat to simmer..
- Simmer for 10-15 min. Taste soup to see if more water is needed. I added 2 more c of water and let simmer another 10-15 min..
In the sinigang na sugpo recipe, sinigang is a generic term for a wide array of sour soups in the Philippines. Loaded with salmon, pumpkin, eggplant and beans, this hearty Sinigang (a Filipino sour and savoury stew-like soup) will fill you up! The Philippines' quintessential sour dish is sinigang, a seafood soup that usually relies on tamarind pulp for tartness, but calamansi or lime juice is used here instead. Sinigang is a Philippine dish famous for the variety of ingredients. Sinigang often incorporates fish, pork Sinigang's characteristic taste is attributed to the ingredient that gives its sour taste and most.