Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes. As it bakes, each cup achieves the signature puff and crisped edges of a Dutch baby. Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes for breakfast please! That's what your family will ask for every weekend once you make these little cuties.
These are served with a simple berry compote but they can also be enjoyed But all you need for mini dutch baby pancakes is a muffin pan. And almost everyone has a muffin pan laying around. Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes – these tasty little pancakes can be filled with anything! You can cook Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of additional unsalted butter, for the muffin tins.
- You need of non-stick spray* (see note in step 4).
- It’s of confectioners sugar, for garnish.
I actually first made these a couple years ago for a brunch I was hosting and they were a. Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes cooked in individual cast iron skillets. They puff up and turn a beautiful golden brown before topping with sugar and lemon curd. These Mini Dutch Pancakes with Warm Blueberry Sauce are not only delicious, they are easier to make than regular pancakes!
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes step by step
- Combine the first 2 tbsp. butter, eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender and mix well, until smooth and frothy..
- Leave the batter in the blender and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. This gives the flour time to absorb the liquid. The texture and taste will be even better after it is given time to rest (or so I've read)..
- Place a 12 cup standard sized muffin tin (or 2 of the 6 cup muffin tins) into the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F, with the muffin tins in the oven while it heats..
- Once the oven is pre-heated, melt the additional 2 tbsp. of butter. Carefully remove the hot muffin tins from the oven (at this point I would recommend spraying the muffin tins with non-stick spray. I didn't the first time I tried this recipe and my Dutch babies stuck badly to the pan, even with the butter). Quickly brush the bottoms and sides of each cup with the melted butter, using a pastry brush..
- Pour the batter into the hot, buttered muffin tins, filling to the halfway point..
- Place muffin tins back in the oven and bake 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake an additional 7 minutes or until golden in color and puffy. Remove from oven. The pancakes will quickly deflate in the centers..
- Dust with the confectioners sugar and then serve immediately, either as is or with preferred toppings..
So about these Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes…they're amazing! Whoever thought about baking a pancake is a genius and should be honored. I'd make a plaque and hold a fancy dinner because baking pancakes is such a great idea. Seriously, the steps are as simple as preparing the batter, popping it. An epic mini Dutch baby pancake recipe with homemade blueberry sauce, courtesy of food blogger Milly Cundall.