Brad's eggplant au gratin. From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped This creamy and scrumptious Eggplant Gratin is smothered with a secret white sauce and topped with a generous layer or Gruyere cheese.
Saute in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle the top of the Eggplant Au Gratin with the Parmesan cheese. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf. You can cook Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- You need 1 of lg eggplant.
- Prepare 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- You need of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
Look no further than the eggplant gratin for a go-to side that's as easy to whip up as it is versatile, pairing well with just about every protein. Staples like lemon, garlic, thyme and good-quality olive oil are all you need to enhance the flavors of already-delicious eggplant and tomatoes. Eggplant is a vegetable that is appreciated for its dietary properties; it contains a large amount of water and adequate levels of potassium. It is a vegetable with many nutritional qualities and is energetic, but has a special flavor that gives a special touch that usually attract many palates.
Brad's eggplant au gratin instructions
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Moussaka meets gratin (hold the meat). Add the chopped eggplant and cook over low-medium heat, just below simmering point, for one hour or until the eggplant is completely soft and the sauce has reduced to a slightly runny chutney-style consistency. Eggplant (US, Australia, New Zealand, anglophone Canada), aubergine (UK, Ireland, Quebec) or brinjal (South Asia, South Africa) is a plant species in the nightshade family Solanaceae. These au gratin potatoes are made with a rich and delicious cheese sauce and a breadcrumb topping and are ready in an hour. Au gratin potatoes make a special side dish to a weekend dinner or holiday meal.