Chicken Tikka Masala. This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala–chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm flatbreads. It's a spicy, tomato-based dish seasoned with garlic, ginger, fenugreek and garam masala.
Butter chicken is also made with butter instead of oil. For this chicken tikka masala recipe, the yogurt helps tenderize the chicken; the garlic, ginger, and spices in the marinade infuse it with lots of flavor. If there's one dish guaranteed to be on every Indian restaurant menu, it's chicken tikka masala, which is composed of grilled chunks of chicken enveloped in a creamy spiced tomato sauce. You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prepare of Marinate (At least 1 Hr).
- It’s 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt.
- It’s 1 Tbls of Lemon Juice.
- You need 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Cayenne.
- You need 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of Ginger Root.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 Lbs of Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces.
- You need of Skewer and Grill.
- Prepare of Wooden Skewers.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of Salted Butter.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno, Diced.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 (8 Oz) of Can Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare of White Rice.
- You need 2 Cups of White Rice/ Couscous.
- It’s 3-4 Cups of Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2.
- You need of Add Cilantro for Freshness.
And the chicken is perfectly tender with the creamiest, most flavor-packed sauce ever! Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Combine the cubed chicken with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, garam masala, and paprika and stir until well-coated. Line a high-sided baking pan or roasting tray with parchment paper.
Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though).
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers..
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous.
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic..
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7..
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes..
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using..
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Chicken Tikka Masala is creamy and easy to make right at home in one pan with simple ingredients! Full of incredible flavours, it rivals any Indian restaurant! Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce, this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is one of the best you will try! The dish has turned out to be extremely popular but be advised that it's very spicy when the recipe proportions are adhered to.