Fresh Lemony Green Beans, Mushrooms and Baby Scallops. "We love green beans at our house and enjoy them at least once a week. I'm always experimenting with new ways to fix them," pens Sue Haviland "Garlic cloves and mushrooms lend them delicious flavor in this quick-and-easy dish. Be careful not to overcook them, the beans should be crisp-tender.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop in the green beans. Salt and freshly ground black pepper. The combination of green beans and mushrooms is a classic, and one of those dishes that makes every holiday table a little more festive. You can have Fresh Lemony Green Beans, Mushrooms and Baby Scallops using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Lemony Green Beans, Mushrooms and Baby Scallops
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of fresh green/string beans.
- You need 1 cup of button mushrooms quartered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mini scallops.
- You need 1 of sea salt (to taste).
- You need 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- You need 1 of lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
While mushrooms are drying, trim ends of beans and cut beans in half so you have bite-sized pieces. (An easy way to trim them is to gather a small handful of beans, stand them. These zesty steamed green beans are the epitome of an easy side dish! This healthy recipe rounds out just about any dinner. Looking for a healthy and easy side dish that pairs with literally anything?
Fresh Lemony Green Beans, Mushrooms and Baby Scallops step by step
- Melt butter in medium-high heat pan and add mushrooms. Cook 3 min.
- Push mushrooms aside in pan and add scallops. Cook until light golden (they will cook through in the center as we move along).
- Add sea salt and chili flakes.
- Add green beans and stir together couple min to incorporate everything.
- Splash lemon juice in to create steam and cover pan quickly (trapping steam in) turn heat down to medium heat.
- Cook green beans in lemony steam until beans are cooked but still crunchy (about 4-5min).
- ENJOY 🙆.
These lemony steamed green beans go with almost any meal, from meatloaf to salmon to pasta. Here we're giving the salmon and mushrooms time. PagesOtherBrandWebsitePersonal blogEveryday EileenVideosGreen Beans, Mushrooms and Shallots. Green beans, mushrooms, and onions in a stove-top side dish that brings out the flavors of a classic green bean casserole. [Photographs: J. To serve, combine beans, mushrooms, and onions in a.