Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms.
You can have Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms
- It’s of baby portabello mushrooms.
- You need of garlic clove.
- It’s of red onion diced.
- It’s of sun dried tomatoes diced (not oil packed).
- You need of stems from the mushrooms diced.
- Prepare of each herb – dried parsley, thyme, dill – whichever you like is fine..
- You need of stale dry bread.
- You need of balsamic vinegar (2-3 tablespoons).
- You need of chicken broth.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of grated cheese – pecorino romano, or anything you like!.
- You need of salt & pepper.
Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms instructions
- Set oven to 350°. Butter an 8 × 8 baking dish and set aside..
- Pull off stubs (do not discard) and wash cap tops under cold running water. Lay them top side down on paper towels to dry while you prepare the other ingredients..
- Place the sun dried tomatoes in a bowl of very hot water – not boiling..
- Smash and finely dice a large clove of garlic. Take half a red onion and slice off 2 – 1/4" slices & dice them. Take 4-5 larger mushroom stems and finely dice. Lastly dice the tomatoes. BTW, if you threw out the stems (like I have) take 1, or 2, of the smallest mushrooms and use them as a replacement..
- Over a medium heat in a non-stick pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter..
- Once the butter is frothy add onions & cook about 1 minute. Add diced garlic, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. If it seems dry, add another pat of butter. Add about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cook for about a minute then add herbs, salt & pepper..
- While the onions are cooking place the stale bread into a gallon plastic bag and break it up into small pieces. Don't worry if there are bread crumbs – it's all going into the filling..
- When the onions look translucent put in a splash of balsamic vinegar and very soon it will evaporate. Take off the heat. Throw in the bread, stir well to incorporate and add up to 3/4 of a cup of chicken broth. There should be just enough to moisten the bread not make soup. Let cool..
- In a bowl add 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and dip only the tops of the mushrooms making sure to get the sides. Add more oil as you need to..
- Place caps in baking dish and start to mound filling into each cap using all the stuffing. Finish with grated cheese. Bake about 30 minutes..